Monday, November 2, 2009

Fall Fun

Here is our hodge-podge post of Fall fun!

First, we spent some time carving pumpkins and roasting pumpkin seeds. Turns out that, while Katey was very excited to have roasted seeds, she doesn't actually like the taste of them! And, Seth wouldn't even try them. Oh, well. We had fun carving and loved the results.


































Next, we (and by "we" I do not mean me) raked leaves. The kids started out raking them into piles. Then they had fun jumping into them and throwing them up in the air. That is where the Mike portion of "we" comes in and where the leaves actually were raked up and gotten off the grass. :-)

Finally, October wrapped up with Trick or Treat. The kids picked out their costumes a month ago, so they were very excited to put them on and go candy-collecting. Mike took the kids around the neighborhood while I passed out candy with my mom. Seth lasted all of a half hour before deciding that he had plenty of candy and wanted to come home. Mike and Katey went back out for another hour or so. I think we cleaned out the neighborhood!! We all had fun and the best part is that the kids don't like candy with peanut butter or caramel. YUM!

2 comments:

librariane said...

Sooo... I suspect you'll start going to your neighbors and suggesting they buy Reese's PB cups next year, eh? ;)

The Hines Family said...

Molly liked your pumpkin seeds! :-)

Love the pictures of the kids raking leaves--I used to love raking leaves in the fall when I was a kid. Good memories! :-)