Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Life According to the Kids

One day I was sipping Diet Coke from a KFC cup as I was waiting patiently at the bus stop for Katey and Seth. When Seth saw my cup he was outraged that I ate lunch at KFC anywhere without him. So that got me thinking...now that both children are at school for 7 hours a day, what do they think I do while they are gone? I decided to pose that question to my little cuties.

Seth: You go to the store and get gas*. And read on the computer.

Katey: You go shopping sometimes. You hang out with your friends sometimes. You get gas sometimes.

Interesting...

*As a side note, a few weeks into school starting Seth was very concerned that we no longer stop to put gas in the van. I had to explain to him that I do that while he is at school. He now usually asks me several times a week if I got gas. I promise they are both referring to gasoline!

3 comments:

Susan said...

It amazes me what our kids think we do while they aren't around. It's as if they think our lives revolve around them.... oh wait, it usually does!!!!

Hope you are doing well! We need to catch up again soon!

The Hines Family said...

Too funny! At least they think you have SOME kind of life without them around. Every year I have at least one child ask me if I live at school. :-)

librariane said...

Okay, this made me laugh out loud.