Tuesday, November 10, 2009

All I Want for Christmas...

It is one of my favorite memories. Granny would sit us down at the island in the kitchen and hand us the toy catalogs from JC Penny and K-Mart and wherever else she received them from and give us the order: Time to make a Christmas wish list. Oh, the hours of fun we would have pouring over the bright and shiny pages containing bright and shiny new toys and writing down our requests (page numbers included, of course!).

Well, it is that time of year again. We have already been receiving requests for Christmas lists for the kids so I put them to work the other day. This is what they came up with:

SETH:
He actually drew all his requests on the dry-erase board and then told me what the pictures were. Unfortunately, he erased it before I could get a picture - it was super cute!

Buzz Lightyear
Musical Triangle
Monster Truck
Guitar
Real puppy
A friend for his lovie, Puppy
A friend for his lovie, White Wolf
Kite
Book about Super Heros
Wii Games ("Crash Banidcoot 3...if there is such a thing")
The book "No, David"

Okay, this list isn't too bad. Most of it is pretty possible (except the real puppy. Sorry, not this year!).

Now for KATEY:
Leapster 2 ("It is fun for kids and educational so parents like it, too, Mommy!" Oh, my daughter, the walking TV ad!)
Candy Jewelry Factory
Easy Bake Oven
"Alive Pet Parrot" Quaker Parrot
Bird food and millet (Of course)
Lucky Charms
Cinnamon Life Cereal
Frosted Flakes
A snowy day (not the book - an actual day of snow!)
Heated Pool
Flute
Prince Caspian, the movie

And the list goes on and on and on with titles of books (let me know if you want ideas on them).

This girl has asked for cereal for Christmas (I feed her, I promise!). What?!? I'm thinking that the snowy day and heated pool are all a ploy to soften us up to the real parrot. Sorry Katey (and Mike), no more birds in this house!

So, there we have it. I'm sure this is just the beginning as the lists will surely get longer as the kids do more thinking about them. What fun it is to see the twinkle in their eyes as they talk about all the things they are dreaming of.

1 comments:

LaFever's said...

I love that twinkle too!!! It is the best!!! Okay one of the bests!!!!