Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mommy, I have an idea!

Katey is full of ideas. I mean really, really, really full of ideas. I am pretty sure we hear the phrase, "I have an idea" or "I have a GREAT idea" at least 3 times a day. And on the weekend we are talking more like 20 times a day - and that might not be an exaggeration!

There is one plan that Katey cooked up several months ago that came to fruition on Sunday evening (puns intended - HA!). Probably once a week, if not more, she explains in great detail how to make her version of Apple Cake and how wonderful it would taste. She even created a poster at school to proclaim the wonderfulness of the illusive Apple Cake.


Now, this is not a difficult recipe and I'm not sure why we haven't attempted it until now apart from the fact that I am a self-proclaimed mean Mommy (hee hee hee). So I promised Katey that we could make her beloved Apple Cake on Sunday evening. I didn't realize that I would not be home Sunday evening (see previous post on our anniversary surprise date night), but Emily was gracious enough to complete this recipe with Katey, thus launching her into the role of the greatest babysitter in history in our daughter's eyes. :) And, here is the finished product:



Now, you may be thinking, "That doesn't look like Apple Cake to me". Yeah. Basically, this is just apple wedges with powdered sugar frosting and sprinkles. Katey LOVED it! And, in case you, too, would like to taste this fruity goodness, here is the recipe, as written by Katey (who thinks she invented this concoction, but I am pretty sure we saw it in a magazine):

INGREDIENTS:
Apple
Water
Sugar
Sprinkles
2 bowls
Knife and cutting board

HOW TO MAKE IT:
Mix the water and sugar to get frosting
Put the frosting in a bowl
Cut apple into pieces
Dip each piece into frosting
Dip each piece into sprinkles

ENJOY!
*2 pieces per person*

2 comments:

Amy said...

Katey cracks me up!

Susan said...

WOW!!!! Sidney would love that... You have a budding Rachel Ray or Giada on your hands!