Monday, January 11, 2010

12 Years

Mike and I celebrated our 12th anniversary yesterday! There was nothing specific planned and we had a pretty low-key weekend, but there were a few surprises.

We woke up Sunday morning to Katey climbing into bed with us. We were talking a little and I mentioned that it was Mommy and Daddy's anniversary. SWOOSH! Katey flew out of the bed and zoomed downstairs. We figured she was making a card and hoped that her plan, whatever it may be, didn't involve confetti. Mike and I were pleasantly surprised when Katey walked into our room with breakfast in bed for us! And, we were thankful that she carried the milk up separately from the Frosted Flakes (and no confetti was used).


Katey explained to us that the Fruit Loops on the top of the Frosted Flakes were in the shape of "Kissy Faces". This girl is so thoughtful!! We loved eating off the Strawberry Shortcake tray, too!

Bonus: The kids decided to join us by eating their breakfast on our floor!



So, Mike and I enjoyed our breakfast in bed then hit the ground running to get ready for church. Afterward we were planning to grab lunch at home but decided to head to Five Guys for lunch as a family instead. Romantic, right?! Exactly what we wanted to be doing!

The other surprise came when Mike told me that one of our favorite babysitters, Emily, would be arriving at the house in 10 minutes and we were going out! That meant I needed to change out of my Sunday afternoon sweatpants and sweatshirt and get ready to go. Thankfully, Emily is very go-with-the-flow and didn't seem to mind getting dinner for the kids or switching out laundry while we were gone (THANKS, Emily!).

Mike and I headed out, but didn't really have anywhere to go and weren't too hungry since we had a filling lunch. We enjoyed wandering some stores and eating an appetizer and dessert at Outback! It was a wonderful evening of fun and discussion and a great reminder of how much I adore spending time with my husband. The last 12 years has flown by and I am so very thankful for a wonderful husband who loves me and is a great father to our children and I'm looking forward to the next 12! God is good.

6 comments:

LaFever's said...

Congrats!!

Annie said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow, can't believe it's been 2 years since we celebrated your 10th anniversary on the cruise! And what a sweet story about Katey! Sounds like it was a wonderful day!Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

The Hines Family said...

Sweet Katey--making you breakfast in bed! Happy Anniversary! :-)

Unknown said...

Yes, we are like two peas in a pod, Jen-ay.

Alison said...

happy anniversary! loved the room service. :)

Susan said...

okay, so when i changed my blog and lost everything back in January, I lost your blog on my blog list, so I have a lot of reading and catching up to do.... so let's begin...

Happy (late, very late) Anniversary to you and Mike. Sounds like a great day and I love the breakfast in bed...