Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Anything But Mediocre

Mike and I took the kids for another long car trip. I can't believe that we were all ready for this so soon after the infamous 24 hour drive to Ohio at Christmas, but the pull of seeing our new nephew, Nathan, and visiting with Mike's brother, Brandon, and his wife, Annie, was too great to pass up. And, since the kids had a 3 day weekend, off we went!

Our family had a low-key weekend just enjoying each others' company. Annie (with the help of Brandon) treated us to authentic Korean cuisine. I would tell you the name of what we ate, but I'm not sure I remember...or could spell it correctly! We had a beef dish and a pork dish and the signature side of Kimchi. It was fabulous according to Mike and me. It was mediocre according to Katey. However, Katey felt that using chopsticks was awesome and they even prompted her to have leftovers of the "mediocre" meal the next day.



Brandon and Annie are doing well and functioning on small amounts of sleep. We appreciated them being willing to host us in the midst of changing sleeping schedules, midnight feedings and dirty diapers. Ahhh, the chaos of having an infant in the house. We were sad that baby Nate was very sleepy and a little grumpy on Saturday. But, Sunday and Monday we got to hold him, play with him and see his happy little face more. He is such a smart baby - he said "uncle" many times while Mike was holding him. You might think that was just a coincidence, but we know the truth! :-)

I can't remember what else Katey was referring to, but she described something else as mediocre this weekend. I think this is her new word of choice. Just so you know, Uncle Brandon and Aunt Annie, we think meeting Nate and seeing you all was anything BUT mediocre!




4 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, that was fast! So glad you were all able to visit. The house has been so quiet since you left and I know Nate misses you all as well! Love you guys!

librariane said...

Great pictures! I especially like the one of Katey and Nate.

The Hines Family said...

So cute! He has so much hair!

I love the new blog header!

Susan said...

What a sweet face and I can't believe how much Katey has changed. I also can't believe you ventured to Ohio for a 3 day weekend....