Monday, May 10, 2010

I have the BEST kids!

Mother's Day is always a special day. The kids get excited to make gifts and shower me with love. This year was no exception!

The day began at 6:45 with breakfast in bed. Who wouldn't love Fruit Loops mixed with Frosted Flakes brought to her on a tray with a South Beach granola bar and glass of milk?? The cereal was an...interesting combo, but very thoughtful. (Mike said he stopped Katey from bringing me a 2nd bowl of cereal at the same time: cheerios with a chocolate easter egg in it)

The kids had worked hard on my gifts. Katey made me a bouquet of flowers and they are very beautiful!! Seth made a booklet at school. My favorite pages are: "My Mommy's favorite food is: Bacon" and "My Mommy always says: Seth, do a job." (I think 'job' is supposed to cover things like, "set the table" or "put away your laundry")

Then came the best gift. Katey brought up a necklace for me made of yarn, Cheerios and one purple Fruit Loop (purple is my favorite color). After I got dressed and put on my beautiful new necklace - though I did have trouble deciding which earrings matched the best - Seth informed me that if I got hungry at church I could just "take a little nibble" on my necklace. Fashion AND function!!

So, after many heartfelt wonder-ments on whether or not I was hungry since I hadn't nibbled on my necklace, I told the kids I would eat it after we got a picture:



We spent the afternoon at my Mom's house. Her gift from us was a LABOR of love. We told Mom that we would be at her beck and call for the afternoon and she put us to work outside in her yard. Mike pulled out 2 stumps with his favorite new toy (the pick-axe) and he, Mom and I also planted various flowers and mulched. The kids helped by washing down the deck, collecting rocks and playing in the sand box. Seth's special gift to Grammy was throwing a rock up in the air (yes, he did!) and hitting her patio side-table...the glass-top one...and shattering the glass. Nice! Apart from the mess, Mom assured us it was actually good as she had tried to give away that table many times and it kept coming back to her. At least it will be gone for good now!

I also received a beautiful card with a certificate for a pedicure from Mike and Mom gave me a gift bag with coffee, note cards and magnets in it.

A special Mother's Day, indeed!

0 comments: