Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My 10 Things

I was challenged by my cousin Katie I mean Kate to do a list of 10 things that make me happy. You can check out her posting here and catch up on her super-cute kiddos as well!

So I've been thinking about this for a week or so and I think that Mike and the kids go without saying. So this is what I have to offer:

10 Things That Make Jen Happy (in no particular order)

1. Hearing Katey and Seth play with and enjoy one another! They are especially into Uno right now and one of my favorite things is to hear Seth say, "Draw Two, Sweetie"!!

2. Mike's magic hands - he can give a fantastic foot rub and willingly does so almost every night. What a great man!

3. The incredible discussions that have been stemming from Woman's Bible Study this year. Okay, happy might not be the most fitting word, but I am definitely enjoying this time greatly.

4. The Christmas quilt wall-hanging that my Mother-in-law made for me. It is still hanging up at the end of February and I smile every time I look at it.

5. COFFEE!!!

6. My computer (which can also double to make me angry as well). This would include the internet and such wonderful sites as Facebook, Foxnews, Charlotte Observer, Cake Wrecks and blogs.

7. Cooking group. I seriously don't know what I would do without these ladies (or the meals)!

8. Incredible, forever friends...both near and far away.

9. Immediate and extended family. Family can drive a person nuts but I have found that I kinda like being nutty!

10. Summer at the pool. Is it summer yet?

11. The first day of school!!

So, I threw in a bonus! Feel free to join the fun and post your own list - I'd love to read it!!

4 comments:

The Hines Family said...

You get a foot rub every night?! Have your husband call my husband... :-)

Alison said...

great post! cooking group and foot rubs definitely make my top 10, too!

Susan said...

Okay, so I think I am officially caught up! Love your Top 10...#11 is definitely on my list, as is #6, #8, #3 and change #5 to Coke and I'm good.

Hope you are doing great! Let's catch up in person soon!

librariane said...

Heh, when I did this it was only for six!