Monday, February 8, 2010

Darn that serpent, anyway!

Last week Katey was caught red-handed blue-candy-sting-mouthed in a lie. "There is nothing in my mouth." Her punishment was no candy for the day and she had to write a 10 sentence letter to Mommy and Daddy about why she shouldn't lie. This is what we got:

Dear Mommy and Daddy,
I'm really sorry for eating a small piece of candy string. Please don't punish me too severely. I was hungry, and easily tempted. It was almost lunch time, so I was hungry, really hungry. We had had a late lunch, so my hunger grew. I'm so super sorry, I mean it! Please forgive me. I knew it was wrong, but my apple for breakfast had worn off. My punishment seems too severe. Please cut some of it off.
Love,
Katey

4 comments:

Amy said...

This is great!!

The Hines Family said...

Alright, this made me laugh out loud!

Susan said...

I'm with Melissa... This had me laughing out loud! Love the idea of the letter though. May have to borrow that one for my girls!

The Collins said...

I think that this is my favorite Katey moment