Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Eventful Hodge-Podge

We have had quite the eventful past few weeks around here.  First there was crazy-alien hair day at school:


Next came the Family Sports Night at school - Mike and I both helped with this event.  Mike was on the tug-o-war station and here he is battling it out with 7 kids:


The following day, I flew to Ohio and drove to Indiana with Shannon.  Wish I could say it was a fun sister trip, but unfortunately, it was for a funeral.  The funeral was for Bonnie, my best childhood friend, Erica's mom.  I have such wonderful memories of Bonnie and her very welcoming and loving spirit.  Erica and I lived 3+ hours apart but wrote letters faithfully from age 10 until college.  We saw each other at Camp Ohio every summer and our moms made it possible for us to usually get together another time or two throughout each year as well.  I hadn't seen Erica or Bonnie in 12 years but I still felt a huge pull to be there for the funeral to say goodbye and to support my friend.  While it was hard, it was also wonderful to see Erica again, to get to know her husband and to meet her 4 kids. 

I am so very thankful to Mike for his willingness to take on the kids for several days (including rearranging his work schedule...).  And especially so after Seth ended up being sick, which meant Mike worked from home for 2 days.  I am also thankful for Shannon and Jason and their willingness to host me on short notice, and to have Shannon accompany me on the trip.  For my dad, who picked me up at the airport and for Jason's aunt, Sandy, who was ready and willing to house Shannon and me for the night in Indiana (even though we left her hanging and didn't come!). This trip really reminded me that I am so very loved and cared for.

Speaking of Seth being sick, he kept saying he was dizzy and needed something to help him walk.  This is how he got around for about a week:

He used his N-Force battle toy as a cane to help steady himself.  Crazy kid!!

0 comments: