Monday, April 18, 2011

Busy but Fun!

The last several weeks have been jam-packed! And with the end of the school year approaching, I don't see things slowing down at all. Good thing we like to be on the go!

A couple of weeks ago Mike and Katey got to have a date night at the school for the Father/Daughter Luau. It was a fun time of crafts, dancing, pizza, Hawaiian Ice and games. Seth spent the night with Grammy so that I could go and assist with the festivities. We all had a great night (in spite of the wild and crazy hail/tornado watch/thunder storm!)!!


Next came Katey's 4th grade field trip to the Gold Mine. I was able to go and oversee a group of 7 great kids.

The weather was beautiful and we all had a great time and learned a lot. The most favorite part of the day for the kids, by far, was when they were panning for gold! Some actually found a gold speck in their pans, but only a lucky few. Still, what child wouldn't be ecstatic over playing in rocks and muddy water?

A few days after the field trip I got to spend the day in Seth's class. No pictures of that day, but we did lots of fun things like Social Studies Spring Symbol Bingo and a Math Egg Hunt as well as Math Jeopardy and a Snack Nature Walk through the cool Learning Garden at the school. Any time I spend the day in a classroom I gain a whole new appreciation for our very hard working teachers!!!

And today the kids have begun Spring Break. Ahhh...

1 comments:

Susan said...

I too love spending time in the classroom. I don't get to do it as much as I'd like, but with Davis starting school in July, I'm sure I'll be able to spend lots of time in the classroom again.