Saturday, August 28, 2010

3:58PM...exactly

We love our Katey Beth! For lots of reasons, really, but this post will be about one of them specifically.

Yesterday was Katey's 9th birthday! We had 3 different birthday celebrations for her this year (one birthday party, as noted in a previous post; one celebration at the lake with the Averill family and one at home last night with the 4 of us and Grammy) - that makes for a LOT of cake and ice cream!!

So, Thursday night as Katey was getting ready for bed I made the comment that I would never hug Katey as an 8 year old again. She quickly corrected me, saying: "Yes you will, I won't be 9 until about 4:00 since that was the time I was born!" I laughed and sent her off to bed.

Come to think of it, we had 4 birthday bashes for this child as I took donuts into her class yesterday to celebrate. All the kids sang Happy Birthday to Katey and after they were finished her teacher asked how old Katey was. Katey proclaimed, "I'm 8 still but at 3:58 I'll be 9!" You gotta love her sense of literalness!

Katey is growing into such a wonderful, sweet-spirited child. She is loving and kind and empathetic. Katey loves to learn and devours books as quickly as she can get her hands on them. It is our prayer that she will grow in wisdom and truth and in her walk with Christ more and more this year. Happy 9th birthday, sweet Katey. We love you so very much!!

Birthday celebration #1:

Birthday celebration #2:
Birthday celebration #3:
(it is hard to get a candle stuck into a hot lava cake!)

And, a couple of shots of Katey around her actual birth day:

2 comments:

Alison said...

it's official! happy birthday, katey!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday to Katey!