Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Off to a Springing Start

Seth had his first soccer game of the season last Saturday. I will post pictures of him in his digs after his next game (when I actually remember to take the camera!). He is off to a great start and was tearing it up on the field! It was really fun to watch and we loved getting to know some of the kids on his team.

Katey decided to forego soccer this Spring and do Girls on the Run again. I thought she might get bored at the field on Saturday, but I underestimated her ability to find a way to get dirty entertain herself. There is a new sand pile near the field and Katey spent most of her time in said sand pile. I looked over at one point to find she was making "sand angels" in the pile. You know, like snow angels, only with sand. I'm still finding sand in various locations around the house from such a fun activity!

Near the end of the game, Katey ran up to me to proclaim "The Four Wonders of the Sand World" which she had painstakingly created. There was a sand volcano, a sand pillow, a sand castle (complete with a flag) and the aforementioned sand angel. I do so wish I had taken my camera! Perhaps these wonders will be recreated in the future...

0 comments: