Monday, May 14, 2012

Blessed

I am truly blessed by my family.

I awoke yesterday to come downstairs and find a banner waiting for me (I'll get to that in a minute) along with breakfast prepared and on the table.  Katey gave me one of her precious honey buns (she bought them with her own money) and Seth had some Oatmeal Square cereal mixed with 6 Frosted Flakes ready to go in a heart-shaped bowl.  Mike had my coffee all brewed and ready, too!  Not only did I get breakfast, but there were some very nice cards waiting for me along with some Starbucks coffee beans.  I want to share the cards from the kids:

From Katey, it is a beautiful, pink card with flowers drawn that says, "Happy Mother's Day".  When opened, a flower pops up and the card reads, "Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You're a great Mommy, Happy Mother's Day, too."

Seth's is written in purple and yellow, my 2 favorite colors, and says, "You are my mother, my only mother.  You love me a lot, too much to know.  You are really nice, you're going to be PTA President.  That's why you are the best mom to me.  Happy Mother's Day!"

Not only did I get breakfast and cards and coffee, Mike grilled steaks for dinner and made 2 kinds of homemade ice cream!  And, my mom came over to enjoy it all with us and she brought fruit pizza and let the kids decorate it!!


It is a little tough to read, but the kids spelled out "MOM" in bananas (the "O" is a kiwi)!

It really was a wonderful, relaxing day.  But, my most favorite part of all was the banner.  We were at Mom's on Saturday to give her a gift of labor - we pulled weeds and trimmed bushes and trees and picked up sticks and pine cones.  She also had a project for Katey:  a Mother's Day banner for me.  So, I napped on the couch (it was a sacrifice I made so that I wouldn't see the secret project) while they put it together.  While I knew what was going on, I was very surprised by the fantastic results:

As I was coming down the steps Sunday morning, Katey is right behind me saying, "Mommy, look above the den doors.  It got messed up, but hey!, it's the thought that counts, right?"  I wish I could get a good picture of the whole thing, but here is the best I could do:
They somehow managed to glue the letters on so you have to read it backwards.  I love this!!

Hope you all had as YAD SREHTOM YPPAH as I did!



2 comments:

Amy said...

So much creativity and enthusiasm -- I love it! I'm glad they celebrated you well. :)

Unknown said...

Of course, you bless us every day. Glad you felt loved and appreciated, because you are!