Monday, October 4, 2010

Healthy Motives

Seth has been on a health kick lately. He has frequently requested "only healthy food" for lunch or dinner (though pancakes for breakfast is perfectly acceptable to him!) and even passed over dessert after some meals. He wants to get lots of exercise and has shown us how to do all kinds of new stretches that our adult bodies would NEVER be able to conform to!! Seth has seemed to be fixated on getting stronger and often shows off his ever-increasing muscles.

Just this morning, as I was packing his lunch for the day, Seth decided that he would eat a healthy banana for breakfast and it was okay if I also packed one in his lunch. He asked that all the food in his lunch be healthy and even decided to replace the lemonade Capri-Sun with a bottle of water! I don't know how long this phase will last, but I am liking it!

What is the reason for this new-found desire for health and strength? In his own words and a twinkle in his eye, "Mommy, I want to get strong enough to throw DADDY in the river!!!!"

2 comments:

Susan said...

Good motivation to be healthy. I'd definitely be like you though, take advantage of it while you can.

Unknown said...

What Seth doesn't realize is that while he is getting pumped up, I am "bulking up" so that there will be more of me to throw in said river. The race is on!