Saturday, June 5, 2010

Overheard

Mike and I woke up this morning to the sound of our kids having a cute little conversation. Went something like this:

Seth: (knocking on Katey's bedroom door) Katey, there is a mosquito in the house. It bit my leg and I have a bug bite there now.
Katey: Where is it? Did you see it?
Seth: You have to block your room. Get stuff to put under the door so it can't come in. I did my room. I used my karate outfit and whoopie cushion.
Katey: (We couldn't hear this response)
Seth: I folded the whoopie cushion over in half so it would block the door.

Seth's Door


Katey's Door

When we got ready to head downstairs Seth was standing at the bottom of the steps. Upon seeing us he yelled, "WARNING! There is a mosquito in the house and it bit me!" Then we hear Katey calling from her room, "I can't come out of my room; I'm afraid the mosquito will get me!"

We assured them that the mosquito probably bit Seth yesterday while playing outside and wasn't actually in the house. Katey decided it was safe to come out of her room then and the morning progressed as normal...well, as normal as we get around here, anyway!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my crazy kids.

Amy said...

How resourceful they are!

And I can just picture Seth's intense little face saying, "Warning!"

Donna Harris said...

very funny. I have lots of mosquito bites and I think the mosquito was in my car! Don't tell your kids that. the Whoopie Cushion...did you "win" that present?