Monday, December 21, 2009

I am thankful for my van

This could be a post full of whining. But, in leiu of that, it will be a post of thanksgiving. What am I thankful for, you may ask? Just keep reading...

I am thankful that I am posting this from my sister's house in Ohio.
I am thankful that the 8 hour drive here only took 24 hours - it could have taken longer.
I am thankful that only 21 of those 24 hours were spent in my van.
I am thankful that the seats in my van are pretty comfortable for long periods of time.
I am thankful that my children are really, really good van riders and didn't mind granola bars for dinner.
I am thankful for portable DVD players and movies!
I am thankful that the WV turnpike was only closed for 5 hours - it could have been all night.
I am thankful that we didn't have to pay any tolls. $6 saved.
I am thankful that we arrived in one piece and the van had no dings, flat tires, or mechanical issues.
I am thankful for my cell phone and the ability to call family to see why traffic is stopped and to call 911 when needed (for another vehicle, not us).
I am thankful that I was able to stay awake behind the wheel until we could find a city with motel rooms available.
I am thankful for cheap motels for a few hours of stretching out and sleeping.
I am thankful that the beds didn't have bed bugs. I did wonder when I saw the room...
I am thankful for the beautiful scenery of snow covered trees and hills and that I had plenty of time to take all of it in and praise God for his incredible creation!
I am thankful for the memories created on this very memorable trip!

But most of all, I am thankful for all the prayers that were lifted up on our behalf and for being reminded that God watches over and takes good care of me and loves me more than I could ever ask or imagine.

1 comments:

The Hines Family said...

24 hours?! Wow! Glad you all (finally!) made it safely!