Tuesday, August 11, 2009

An Historic Happening

I have caved to peer pressure...again. First Facebook and now a blog. (Will someone please challenge me to something more noble for once. Like, say, reading through the Bible in a year or keeping my house clean and organized or avoiding Target and all the unnecessary spending that goes along with a leisurely trip to said store...)

So, as I have seen in the beginnings of so many other blogs, I will repeat here: We'll see how this goes. I love the idea of journaling this way - especially considering I don't usually journal another way. And, I adore reading the entries of all my friends and family. So, I have caved and will do my best to keep up with an official blog!

For my first post, I would like to explain the title of the blog.
Katey is our Monkey, Seth is our Turkey. I was a new mommy and holding my precious, beautiful little bundle of pink on my shoulder. I looked down lovingly into her face and thought to myself, "This child looks like a monkey!" From thence forward we have called Katey "Monkey" on a regular basis. A name that fits this child well. She has been curious and wild and into everything - including climbing trees - from the day she was born. A name in which she is now coming to not appreciate so much, but being her parents, we persist with. :-)


Seth's story isn't quite so involved. It was Thanksgiving 2003. Mommy awoke, ready for a day of cooking turkey and mashed potatoes and all the yummy fixin's that go along with the wonderful holiday of Thanksgiving. I stepped out of bed and realized that we were actually going to the hospital to have a baby instead. 4 hours later I was holding baby Seth in my arms. Our silly little Turkey baby!


There we have it. I am excited to be setting out on this historic happening (historic for me, anyway). More posts and some pictures to come as soon as I figure this thing out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Be kind to your aforementioned wonderful husband.

Susan said...

Welcome to the dark side! It's great - you'll love it here!

Alison said...

glad you've started blogging! looking forward to more tales...

The Hines Family said...

YAY! I'm so glad you have a blog now! Love the stories behind the kids' nicknames! :-)